UnReality

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UnReality

A forum for former members of the JJ MSN board and other women who want to discuss reality tv, the Bachelor/ette and any other escapist fun.

4 posters

Time on this site

zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Time on this site Empty Time on this site

Post  zedsgrl Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Anybody notice that the time is 12 hours ahead fo EST?
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Time on this site Empty Oops!

Post  zedsgrl Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:43 pm

I just noticed that Molly mentioned this in her first post.
    Molly
    Molly

Time on this site Empty Hey zeds!

Post  Molly Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am

Where is the place in your avatar located?

Well, there are now two of us signed up.

I sent Olive and Katherine a PM through Fort with a photo I took of the blossoming tree at my apt. complex. Olive said I was wicked. tongue I don't think I am, though I had a "wicked" grin on my face when I sent it. No more summer in January. It is now in the 50s(F) with rain. Sad
    Molly
    Molly

Time on this site Empty Re: Time on this site

Post  Molly Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 am

zedsgrl wrote:Anybody notice that the time is 12 hours ahead fo EST?
    Katherine posted on JJ that she thought she had fixed it. Or had noticed, and was going to fix it - one or the other. Rolling Eyes
    shooooby
    shooooby

Post  shooooby Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I think each person sets her own time zone. Go to your profile and you can put in your avatar and set your preferences. Smile
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Post  Katherine Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:42 pm

I think each person can set their time, but there is also a board time. I think I've fixed it now. I'm not going to have too much time to figure this board out for the next week or so, but I'll get to it!
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Time on this site Empty Where is this place? Niagara Falls in Dec.

Post  zedsgrl Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi Molly - I just spent all this time typing away to answer your question and I lost it!

So you'll get the short version now. The gist of it was that most people in this area get sick and tired of Niagara Falls because we have to bring every relative/friend that visits there. However its juat such a great experience to be there in Dec. when its virtually deserted.

Three of us girls have gone a couple of times in Dec. to take advantage of my frined's company's 50% discount at gift shops they own and it just so happens they have a lot of stores in that area. Anyway we always have a blast! We go for the whole day and we also go to Niagara-on-the-Lake which is a quaint little village nearby. We shop, eat, and take advantage of wine-tasting offered there (its wine country). Plus its just beautiful with all the lights and Xmas decorations.

We always have to go and have a drink at "The Olde Angel Inn" which is like 200 years old. Its a historical site and very cozy and has the greatest atmosphere - supposedly haunted too!

As you can tell - I have fond memories of the experience - its usually right around my birthday too - plus its so Christmassy, gets us right in the spirit. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how to.

Last edited by zedsgrl on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Post  zedsgrl Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Any idea of how to post photos? Do you have to use a photosharing site?
    Molly
    Molly

Post  Molly Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 am

Ah, zeds, that Christmassy trip sounds great. Would that I could travel. <sigh>

This is the info about image posting:

The BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and second, the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!). You can upload for free your images on internet by an image hosting

I tried to upload a photo of the blossoming tree in January from PhotoBucket. It posted the second time I tried then it went wonky with PhotoBucket removing it.

Weird - but it does say you need an internet photo service from which to draw your photos.

ETA: Yay! I figured out how to minus hours from Greenwich to get the appropriate time on my posts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 pm