UnReality

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UnReality

A forum for former members of the JJ MSN board and other women who want to discuss reality tv, the Bachelor/ette and any other escapist fun.

2 posters

Dancing With The Stars

Molly
    Molly

Dancing With The Stars Empty Dancing With The Stars

Post  Molly Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm

People online announced today that Melissa Rycroft of The Bachelor dumpee fame will be a last minute sub for the injured Nancy O'Dell. ABC has not announced her as a replacement, but it hasn't been refuted either.

I have caught glimpses of the show over the past 7 seasons, and I will catch glimpses this year.

Anyone else here going to watch...want to talk about it?
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Dancing With The Stars Empty It's Been Confirmed

Post  Katherine Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Good scoop, Molly! I should think that she might do OK with her cheerleading background.

I'd like to talk about it! Makes me wonder if Melissa is just a fameho like all of them, though.

Here's the story I saw:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=355875&gt1=28103&

Scorned 'Bachelor' contestant Rycroft joins 'Dancing' cast
    March 8, 2009, 7:01 PM EST

MSN Entertainment

Melissa Rycroft may not be starting off a new life with "Bachelor" Jason Mesnick, but her TV career has only just begun. After being chosen, then forsaken by her would-be fiance, the 25 year-old Dallas native has been picked to replace "Access Hollywood" anchor Nancy O'Dell on Season 8 of "Dancing With the Stars," according to People.com.

O'Dell, who has been on crutches since March 6, gave up her slot on show last week, after suffering from knee injuries she sustained during rehearsals. The entertainment reporter was scheduled to be paired with Tony Dovolani, who will presumably now partner with Rycroft.

Although Rycroft has reportedly only had a few days to practice her moves, she is set to perform live on the show on Monday, March 8, a source tells People.

The singer-songwriter Jewel, whose husband Ty Murray will still compete for the show's disco ball trophy, is also sidelined due to injury.
    Molly
    Molly

Dancing With The Stars Empty Re: Dancing With The Stars

Post  Molly Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 pm

To show how Melissa made her decision to do the show here is Naomi's message on her myspace page.

March 8, 2009 - Sunday

Melissa...Now Dancing With The Stars...YAY!!!
    Hey everyone!
    Yes it is true, you've heard correctly Melissa is filling in on this new season of Dancing With the Stars! It was a last minute thing...ABC called her up and within 4 hours she was on a plane to LA. She called me before making her decision, somewhat hesistant to do it since her life was finally starting to feel normal again--AWAY from all the cameras..I said "Live with NO regrets...get your butt on that plane, or you WILL regret it one day!!!!" I know you ALL will be just as excited as I am to watch our much loved Mel and root for her...So TUNE IN!!!
    Go Melissa!! Get em' Girl!! We Love You!
    Lots of Love,
    Naomi

Naomi's MySpace
    Molly
    Molly

Post  Molly Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Of course Melissa is not the only contestant on the show Laughing .

After watching last night I came away thinking that Shawn is a real contender...and then there is that luscious Frenchman, Gilles Mariani. Cool I do believe Cheryl has another winner with this guy. He couldn't dance at all three weeks ago and put in a very sexy Cha-Cha-Cha. I hope he can transition to the waltz and quickstep with as much ooomph!

My three favorites - so far...

The graceful Melissa
    The sexy Gilles and
    The cute as a button Shawn.

Let's see how they all perform next Monday. sunny
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Post  Katherine Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 am

Sponsored content