UnReality

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UnReality

A forum for former members of the JJ MSN board and other women who want to discuss reality tv, the Bachelor/ette and any other escapist fun.

2 posters

Something for Twilight fans

Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Something for Twilight fans Empty Something for Twilight fans

Post  Katherine Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm

This is a video made from stills taken while filming in Italy. If you've read New Moon, you'll know this scene!

zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Something for Twilight fans Empty I have a few questions about Twilight...

Post  zedsgrl Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:31 pm

I dropped in briefly into my local library late Saturday and found a pile of good DVD's on the returns cart. (By good I mean movies I wouldn't mind seeing but I would not necessarily shell out any money to see unless desperate for something to do one night...)To make a long story short - I finally watched this movie. I have to admit it was somewhat amusing and definitely captured my interest, even though the plot holes are a big problem, like...

• How can anybody live in a small town of 3,000 and just happen to have 5 foster children all the same ages???? without raising some suspicion! And to make things even stranger - 4 of them are couples - hand-holding etc....not to mention all very attractive. I'd persoanlly be thinking "sex slaves"....

• Plus, if the 4 are in couples, why have that one poor guy without a mate??? In the 100 years or so they weren't able to find some other unattached vampire? The place seems to be crawling with them.

• Plus if you were trying to avoid detection, why on earth would you have them going to school??? It can't be because of their ages and have to go because they are legally required to. They wouldn't exactly have valid birth certificates, now would they? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have them all working on some pig (whom are very close to humans genetically I hear) farm producing all the blood they need, right? Much more efficient use of their time.

I hear the books are better than the movie but I thought the movie was pretty big too. Anyway these kind of details drive me crazy.....

BTW the the actress who plays Bella looks and sounds exactly like Mary Louise Parker when she was younger....they should play mother and daughter sometime.
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Something for Twilight fans Empty Ok - I'm now an official Twilight fan!

Post  zedsgrl Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I must eat crow - watched the movie once when I posted above, but it kind of stuck in my mind and rewatched a few scenes a couple days later - then rewatched the whole movie again. Then decided I HAD to read the book (which I will finish tonight - only 50 pages left). Now I'm on the hunt for the other books to read - so this will be my summer vacation obsession. I read that SMeyer styled Twilight after Pride & Prejudice - no wonder I'm hooked! Some of the others are inspired by Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights - I'm done for now! When I was like 13/14 I was just mesmerized by the Brontes. I think I'm going through a second adolescence....

I also read through SMeyer's music listing for Twilight - when I saw Dido there I knew I'd like her taste. If I find that Enya is on any of her lists, I'll be convinced were kindred spirits!
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Something for Twilight fans Empty Re: Something for Twilight fans

Post  Katherine Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Zeds- I've been meaning to reply but my life has been -well not exactly hell but close to it this week- both my guys had minor surgery and I've been the nurse. They're doing better now and I should be good for chat tomorrow.

I guess you now know that the movie kinda sucks on many levels. I thought the young actors were great in recreating their characters but so much in the movie isn't well explained or even logical. Supposedly the next movie is better. Still Twilight had its moments.

The book's aren't great literature, but they are engrossing. Told ya so! Razz
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Something for Twilight fans Empty I have to admit, I figured if you liked it I might too, plus

Post  zedsgrl Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:52 pm

another friend of mine, whose taste I trust, also liked it. So I came to the conclusion I would try it.

So I just finished reading the book and came on here to post that I read SMeyer's dedication and was shocked to read that she thanked "my online family, the staff and talented writers at FoRT"!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes - she's a fan of FoRt??! Have you heard about this? I'll have to look into this.

I hope your patients are getting well and not giving you too hard a time.

Edited to add - very easy to find on Fort - she did recaps and her handle was "spegs". Not positive but same birthday and hasn't posted since 2006, her friend on the Twilight thread referred to her as "Spegsy" but there was noone with that name, so I tried just searching with the first couple of letters of it to check it out. She may go by another name now....we'll have to ask Olive - hey maybe she'll be some famous author one day!
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Something for Twilight fans Empty Went to see New Moon last night....

Post  zedsgrl Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:08 pm

For the couple of Twi fans here - man oh man... New Moon is truly awful! Now if I had read that anywhere, I would have thought it was just typical snobby critics rhetoric. Well it wasn't - now that I've seen it, I just can't stop laughing when I read the bad reviews - some of them are just too funny but so true!

Now I know why Biily Burke and Justin Chon couldn't get out of that theatre fast enough at the premierre here in TO and head in the rain to the nearest martini bar!
    http://www.pantageshotel.com/amenities/pantages-martini-bar-lounge

We did not follow them - we thought that would be too crass - so we wondered over a few minutes later and there they were, right by the window laouging about. Anyway BB popped out to have a smoke and we got him! Justin does not smoke so we got him as they were heading back for the Q&A - held up the whole group and the PR lady was not happy with us....after that disaster they should be happy they still have fans.
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Post  Katherine Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 am

Zeds- is that you with Billy Burke? I'm jealous! Rob Pattinson is pretty, but Billy is a man!

Haha- funny that you hated New Moon. Not sure that I will ever see it in the theatres- no one to go with for one thing. I'm going to try to sneak into a weekday matinee though. Don't think I could deal with the teenage fangirls in an evening or weekend show!
    zedsgrl
    zedsgrl

Post  zedsgrl Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes that's short little me with Billy Burke! As I said he is tall - I checked and IMDB says 6'2". So many say they are 6' (must be a mandatory requirement in Hollywood!)and then are a lot shorter when you see them.

He is very handsome in that rugged looking way - but the one who shocked me was his wife - she is stunning! She is a lot younger then him too. He was very nice too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2173223/
    Katherine
    Katherine
    Admin

Post  Katherine Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 am

Hey the board seems to be back to normal! My son says photobucket must have refreshed the storage at the end of the week rather than the end of the month. He says he can help me fix it so it won't happen again.

That's such a great picture, Zeds!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm